Sunday, December 16, 2007

Falafel Hut

I haven't had a falafel in about 20 years, I'm guessing. But DH has been wanting to check out Falafel Hut for a while and I finally gave in. I'm glad I tried it, but I wasn't really all that impressed. I mean, it was good, but not something I'd ever crave or anything. I ordered the Vegetarian Combo Plate which came with 2 good size balls of deep fried ground chickpeas (hence, the falafel), hummus, baba ghannoush, tahini, tebouleh, cucumber salad, warm pita bread and 2 small dolmas. I am kind of a expert when it comes to the hummus and baba ghannoush because I worked at a fabulous company for a few years and they made absolutely the best dips you'll ever taste. My husband thought Falafel Huts dips were better than my ex-clients stuff, but I totally disagree.

The falafel itself was good-really crispy on the outside softer on the inside. The dolmas were underneath the falafel, so they were warm, and that ruined it for me. I like my dolmas chilled. The cucumber salad was really good and so was the tebouleh. Everything was good, but it just wasn't my cup of tea. But it was a healthy choice and different than what I would usually eat. My husband tried the shawerma and he loved it. I put a link to the menu in case anyone needs definition's on any of this stuff! LOL

This stuff was quite filling! I don't think I was even able to finish half of my lunch--good size portions, though. I have gotten quite the assortment of good grains in my diet these past couple of days! :)

2 comments:

RBR said...

Hey pretty lady!

I lost the link to this and I was excited to remember I could find you through your Blogger profile! I live about 200 yards from the Falafel Drive In. They are supposed to be the best falafel in the area. To be honest one falafel tastes like the next to me. Their hummus is pretty darn good though! Well, you are in half Moon bay in a fabulous spa (I checked the link, WOWZa!)but I wanted to say hello!

Southbaygirl said...

Hey Shelley-thanks for visiting! You should run SF! I've got a thing for bridges-so that's one of the reasons I want to run it...but I also LOVE SF!!!!

And i love falafels! I guess only eating fish-hummus and anything vegetarian becomes a favorite of mine!

Come back and visit!!!